Literacy Advance Wish List
Thank you, thank you, thank you to you who are able to provide equipment and supplies in support of the students at Literacy Advance!
Our wish list below has items small and large, and we would welcome the gift of any of them. If you'd prefer to donate cash, you can do so here.
If you have questions about donating any of the below, please call us to discuss details at 713.266.8777.
Target gift cards, H-E-B gift cards, Randall's gift cards, for volunteer appreciation (ideal value - $20 or $25, but we'll take whatever you would like to give!)
Flashdrives (512MB or larger) for distribution to Computer Literacy students
NEEDED URGENTLY! We're almost out!
White printer paper
9x12 envelopes (white/yellow)
Avery 5660 mailing labels
Whiteboard markers (regular type preferred; low odor markers are harder to erase properly) and erasers
General office supplies (please call us for our current needs: 713.266.8777)
Heavy duty stapler for large print jobs.
CD player for our satellite campuses
Help our growing programs by funding staff positions or by donating your time...
...become a volunteer!
- 175 adult students took reading classes (Adult Basic Education, or ABE)
- 1,165 adult students took English classes (English as a Second Language, or ESL)
- 770 classes of all types (reading + English + supplemental)
- 99% of students made progress toward a life goal
- 260 volunteer tutors
- 10 Family Literacy Events
- 850 Family Literacy attendees
- Over 2,000 new books given out to kids
- 600+ check-in phone calls made in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey