Study at Home
You will learn faster if you practice at home! If you only practice in class you will still make progress, but it will be slower.
There are many ways you can practice at home!
To practice English, you can:
- watch TV in English
- talk to friends, neighbors or family in English
- go to the library
- ask your tutor for practice reading materials
To practice reading and writing, you can:
- read for at least ten minutes every day
- keep a journal and write down what you do each day
- write shopping lists and calendar items for practice
- read aloud to someone in your family
There are many great ways to practice on the computer as well!
You can practice in the computer lab at our Wilcrest location or speak with a member of our staff about programs you can use at home.