"I would not have survived."
It takes most of us many years to finish our education. Imagine having to cram all that learning into just a few years. Now imagine trying to do that while also juggling a new homeland, finding a job, supporting a family.
Nelson never went to school. He had to start his learning from the absolute beginning, as an adult. He had every excuse in the world to feel overwhelmed, and give up.
But he didn't. And Nelson has not only survived - he has thrived. Thanks to the kindheartedness of friends like you, Nelson's story is one of triumph - and he's not done yet!
Highlights of our April news:
- Scrabble in the City is SOON, y'all! Just weeks away. Register your team now or take your chance to win tickets... Not in town that evening, or a fabulous night out at Saint Arnold Brewing Co. not your thing? Buy a raffle ticket and support our learners that way!
- Volunteers light the way to a brighter future. April is Volunteer Appreciation Month and we appreciate YOU!
- Theme of the Month: Banking;
- Desperately seeking subs;
- Important dates for your calendar.
Thank you! To use Nelson's words: "Your heart is there." Your boundless generosity helps so many people thrive.
Chief Executive Officer
Literacy Advance of Houston