Story Time Tours at Literacy Advance
|Story Time tours are a one-hour look at what Literacy Advance is all about - told through the stories of students, tutors, and other friends of literacy.
Please join us!
What does Literacy Advance do?
How does literacy contribute to a better Houston?
How can you get involved?
All these questions, and more, are answered in our one-hour Story Time tours.
The tours are free and are open to anyone; we would love to have you join us. Thinking of becoming a volunteer at Literacy Advance? Taking a tour is your first step!
Upcoming tour dates:
- Wednesday, March 7, 6pm – 7pm
- Wednesday, March 28, 6pm – 7pm
- Wednesday, April 11, 6pm – 7pm
- Wednesday, May 9, 6pm – 7pm
- Saturday, June 9, 1pm – 2pm
- Wednesday, June 20, 6pm – 7pm
Please RSVP to Maxine Stefano, Volunteer Manager:
Send her an email, or call 713.266.8777 ext. 16.
- 175 adult students took reading classes (Adult Basic Education, or ABE)
- 1,165 adult students took English classes (English as a Second Language, or ESL)
- 770 classes of all types (reading + English + supplemental)
- 99% of students made progress toward a life goal
- 260 volunteer tutors
- 10 Family Literacy Events
- 850 Family Literacy attendees
- Over 2,000 new books given out to kids
- 600+ check-in phone calls made in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey