No one can do it alone! Therefore, Literacy Advance is active in seeking out and working with partners in the Houston community to provide classes at other locations and within different programs.
Partnerships provide an opportunity for Literacy Advance to bring its proven, successful programs to other locations and agencies - and provide partner agencies with a high-quality literacy component to their own programming that they may otherwise be lacking. Partnering shares the best of both worlds, as both agencies can concentrate on what they do best, and duplication of services is minimized, meaning greater efficiency for all.
Current and previous partners include schools, libraries, churches, businesses, community centers, and other agencies.
Click on the image above for details.
- 170 adult students learning to read and write (ABE)
- 1,300 adult students learning to speak and understand English (ESL)
- 44,400 total learning hours across all programs
- 21,500+ hours of service donated by volunteers
- 15 Family Literacy events at schools and community centers
- 1,700 Family Literacy attendees
- 3,200 children’s books distributed free to families and kids
- 99% of learners achieved or made progress toward a personal goal