No one can do it alone! Therefore, Literacy Advance is active in seeking out and working with partners in the Houston community to provide classes at other locations and within different programs.
Partnerships provide an opportunity for Literacy Advance to bring its proven, successful programs to other locations and agencies - and provide partner agencies with a high-quality literacy component to their own programming that they may otherwise be lacking. Partnering shares the best of both worlds, as both agencies can concentrate on what they do best, and duplication of services is minimized, meaning greater efficiency for all.
Current and previous partners include schools, libraries, churches, businesses, community centers, and other agencies.
Click on the image above for details.
- 205 basic reading students (Adult Basic Education, or ABE)
- 1,325 basic English students (English as a Second Language, or ESL)
- 800 classes
- 99% of students made progress toward a life goal
- 235 volunteer tutors
- 16 Family Literacy Events
- 1,550 Family Literacy attendees
- 1 new satellite campus - Waller County!