Literacy Advance Programs
We offer two types of Regular Classes to Houston adults:
The majority of classes take place at our main location (Wilcrest Campus, in west Houston) and our satellite site (Clear Lake Campus, in the Bay Area). However, we also have a growing Outreach Program, through which we are able to partner with Houston-area organizations and agencies to provide classes at their locations.
Our Family Literacy activities are part of the Outreach Program.
In addition to ABE and ESL, we offer a variety of Special Classes to students, on a variety of topics. Any registered student, including those on the wait-list, can take part in Special Classes, although these classes are supplemental in nature and content and do not take the place of a Regular Class.
For more information about our programs and classes, you may:
Click on the image above for details.
- 149 ABE students
- 1,300 ESL students
- 42,033 total learning hours
- 711 classes offered
- 5,226 hours of While You’re Waiting instruction
- 28,805 hours of in-kind service donated by tutors – valued at $627,661
- 22 active partner sites
- 11 Family Literacy events
- 1,653 Family Literacy attendees
- 1,837 free children’s books
- 99% of learners achieved or made progress toward a personal goal