Literacy Advance Programs
We offer two types of Regular Classes to Houston adults:
The majority of classes take place at our main location (Wilcrest Campus, in west Houston) and our satellite site (Clear Lake Campus, in the Bay Area). However, we also have a growing Outreach Program, through which we are able to partner with Houston-area organizations and agencies to provide classes at their locations.
Our Family Literacy activities are part of the Outreach Program.
In addition to ABE and ESL, we offer a variety of Special Classes to students, on a variety of topics. Any registered student, including those on the wait-list, can take part in Special Classes, although these classes are supplemental in nature and content and do not take the place of a Regular Class.
For more information about our programs and classes, you may:
Click on the image above for details.
- 170 adult students learning to read and write (ABE)
- 1,300 adult students learning to speak and understand English (ESL)
- 44,400 total learning hours across all programs
- 21,500+ hours of service donated by volunteers
- 15 Family Literacy events at schools and community centers
- 1,700 Family Literacy attendees
- 3,200 children’s books distributed free to families and kids
- 99% of learners achieved or made progress toward a personal goal