2014 Annual Report
Celebrating 50 years of literacy!
2014 marked 50 years since Literacy Advance was founded in 1964.
Read some of the Literacy Advance story in the 2014 Annual Report linked below (click on the images to enlarge), and find more in our history book.
Click on the image above for details.
- 175 adult students took reading classes (Adult Basic Education, or ABE)
- 1,165 adult students took English classes (English as a Second Language, or ESL)
- 770 classes of all types (reading + English + supplemental)
- 99% of students made progress toward a life goal
- 260 volunteer tutors
- 10 Family Literacy Events
- 850 Family Literacy attendees
- Over 2,000 new books given out to kids
- 600+ check-in phone calls made in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey